Vertrigo

I thought you said that you had IIS installed already. What kind of web server are you using?

The Vertrio server runs over Apache. It is a combination of Apache and MySQL. Do I have to use Windows Server 2003?

Ohhhh ok I gotcha, No you dont need server 2k3. Its probably a configuration file in apache, I dont recall what it is or the name of it right off hand, but there is a text file basicly, that contains all the server settings, and you need to put the server ip in that file in the appropriate place.

Ok sounds good, sorry im not at home right now, im at work. If i were home right now i wouldnt mind helping more with that config file.

Is this what I would have to do?

Telling Apache Which Addresses to Listen To

If you are happy for Apache to listen to all local IP addresses on the port specified by the Port directive, you can skip this section. However there are some cases where you will want to use the directives explained here:

* If you have many IP addresses on the machine but only want to run a web server on some of them
* If one or more of your virtual hosts is on a different port
* If you want to run multiple copies of the Apache server serving different virtual hosts

There are two ways of telling Apache what addresses and ports to listen two: either you use the BindAddress directive to specify a single address or port, or you use the Listen directive to any number of specific addresses or ports.

For example, if you run your main server on IP address 10.1.2.3 port 80, and a virtual host on IP 10.1.2.4 port 8000, you would use:

Listen 10.1.2.3:80
Listen 10.1.2.4:8000

Back
Top Bottom