Ubuntu web server

hascet

Fully Optimized
I installed Ubuntu 7.10, Apache 2, php5, and MySQL on this computer, but I don't know how to make it so you can type in an ip and be able to access it like a website and then add things like web pages, forums, etc. Can anyone tell me or link to a guide or something?

Im using PCLinuxOS 2007 at the moment to do the same thing,If i type in my Pc's IP Adress on the PC or on a network'd pc it will come up good,but i havent been able to figure out how to get it working with other pc's outside my network.

I Have just been using google with all my problems,almost fix every one,exept the problem with non-network pc's.....

Basically,Your PC's WAN I.P Is the website Adress,and you need to get a domain name to re-direct it peepz to it.

You will need to forward port 80 on you'r router :)

yup i have forwarded all ports through 80 to 90 and forwarded ports 18-24.

@Hascet,It will be in your /Iforget/WWW/HTML Folder (You'll have to find the WWW Folder,I Forget where it is)

And you put your webpages in there.

hmm - some ISP's block outgoing port 80.try changing the apache2.conf (i think..) file, and change the port to somthing else.

first of all
if your using ubuntu the directory for the webserver will be in "/var/www/"

Have you set up a Satic ip? Do you have the right ip- ping it
you should be able to access it on your internal lan, so you would know if it works

Back
Top Bottom