Server Memory Usage

The Upright Man

Solid State Member
Hi there first post here in quite a while and my first post actually asking for help.

Currently running a server with specs on the far right of the page 'DS 9000' .

First I'll state the nature of the server. It's to host gaming servers for a business I've set up. It is linked in with the latest softwares GamePanel and ModernBill on a Fedora Core OS.

It's problem is that once a single gaming server (CS: S 100 Tick Normally) is created then the RAM usage jumps up to 97% when I know for a fact that this server is more than capable of running 5-6 gaming servers simultaneously.

If anyone has any experience with this problem or believes they would require more information to help solve the problem I would be happy to divulge.

Well, if you have ssh capabilities (which you should), you can login and use the command top. This will show a list of processes, mem usage, cpu usage ect.

You could also try bumping down the tick to 66 or so. 100 isn't really needed, as it doesn't help performance much, just sends the same data multiple times, causing a little lag for those with lesser connections.

Yeah I do have ssh capabilities. I can see the CPU usage etc CPU is fine it's just the RAM. I can't take it to 66 tick as the people have paid for 100tick. 100tick is useful at 16 man servers or below anything above that and it becomes 'broken' 100 tick.

Discovered the problem. It's coming from the software GamePanel which runs with our servers. They have somehow managed to screw it up into devouring all the memory. Cheers for your help.

It's a linux server. Expect your memory usage to always be around 97%. Don't start to get worried unless your swapfile starts to be used. Unlike windows, linux will typically use all available memory in order to try to boost performance.

Hi there first post here in quite a while and my first post actually asking for help.

Currently running a server with specs on the far right of the page 'DS 9000' .

First I'll state the nature of the server. It's to host gaming servers for a business I've set up. It is linked in with the latest softwares GamePanel and ModernBill on a Fedora Core OS.

It's problem is that once a single gaming server (CS: S 100 Tick Normally) is created then the RAM usage jumps up to 97% when I know for a fact that this server is more than capable of running 5-6 gaming servers simultaneously.

If anyone has any experience with this problem or believes they would require more information to help solve the problem I would be happy to divulge.

Back
Top Bottom