Server help

Ok if you want to install all three of those. You will need to go with Windows, then centos, then fedora. To restore to factory settings you need the factory restore cd or recovery partition.
Hi,
I just want to install CentOS and I was testing to see if it was my server or not. I don't have a recovery partition nor do I have the disk.. Is there some place I could download them or buy them?

If you just want to clear out the drive and install CentOS. You don't need to go to factory settings just repartition and format the hard drive.

If you just want to clear out the drive and install CentOS. You don't need to go to factory settings just repartition and format the hard drive.
I don't have a "full" operating system installed, I have a broken install of Ubuntu. It doesn't boot it just goes to some like error page and I can't install a operating system on it as it doesn't work.

Hi,
So I have a Dell Poweredge 600SC and it's from 2006, I need to install CentOS on it but you have to put the ISO on a DVD and my server is kinda old and it only accepts CDs so I bought a external DVD drive and it's for USB 2.0 but my server is USB 1.0 and I have a USB hub for USB 2.0 and it works just fine. The external DVD drive runs just fine but I have it set to OS install but it doesn't except the external DVD drive and it would only take the disk if it was in the default one which is only for CDs. So i'm basically stuck... Any help? Besides buying a brand new server...

Thanks!
..Why not just usb boot it? If it's from 2006 it should be new enough.

..Why not just usb boot it? If it's from 2006 it should be new enough.
I think it's not from 06 now, I look at the copyright date and it said 1998 so I don't know about that now... Also the USB is USB 1.0 and most of the USB flash drives now are 2.0.

Some older computers didn't boot to cd if it took too long to spin up. (lame I know). To prevent that I would hit the key for the boot menu and hand select the drive.

It usally does boot but not anymore and I also do get a thing that tells me to hit the key. Or do I just do that anyways?

Back
Top Bottom