Server Help

Kind of pointless to do it that way if he wants a dedicated way to save user information and pw like he said whats the point in even using a server ...

Well ... this is interesting coming from a guy "three years in the biz". Seems to me that once you input usernames and passwords from each pc on to the server manually, they'd be "dedicated". Granted, they'd have to adjust them on the server later if they were to change their passwords, but they'd be set nonetheless.
Frank, just because I disagreed with your blanket suggestion of "just set it up and dcpromo it. and join the computer's to the domain" WITHOUT acknowledging that end user's pc's need have specific OS's to work, doesn't mean you need to get pissy.
In those illustrious "three years in the biz", have you come across many college kids with laptops from mom & dad with windows 7 pro or ultimate loaded? Not saying it's NEVER happened, but I doubt you're finding many college kids willing to shell out $199 to upgrade to Ultimate (if they are being legit and not using pirated software) so they can "join a domain" just to share files, music and movies. I say you're seeing WAY more Home Premium versions than domain ready versions. My MANY MORE YEARS than "three years in the biz" tells me I'm right.
Ease up on the anger angle Frank ... "three years in the biz" shouldn't have you bitter already.

Back
Top Bottom