Server computer doing weird things o.O

seetherage

Solid State Member
Hello
i have a server computer, here at home to test beta programs, also its connected via a Hub, that is connected to a router, my problem is that for exemple :

in my other personal computers, i open Outlook express to check out my emails, over at the server computer it connects at the same server, mail2.microsoft.com or so, also again, in my other computer i started doing a download, i noticed my server was with the income out come, light blinking like hell, so i did a netstat -a on the CMD, as it showed it was connected to the same server, my personal computer was downloading from, and this occurs with every connection done by another computer... it kinda pisses me of, is there a way to stop this? ,..could it be lan drivers or something?

oh, and im running it on a windows xp, pro

thank you

Throw out the hub, and get a switch, uplink ( connect ) it to your router via an uplink port if it has one.

it will make everything a lot faster... Why? The hub repeats the signal to every device plugged into it, a switch routes the packet to the appropriate machine, which stops collisions and makes everything a lot faster.

Good luck

peace.

Back
Top Bottom