Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Server Administration
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
Beta Member
Default Re: Server 2003 Vulnerabilities

Originally Posted by kniouk View Post
Hi All

I am experimenting with a home network at the moment. Basically I have 3 machines. The one I have turned into a server and loaded Microsoft Server 2003 onto it. I know this is not nessasary as you can link through XP however I thought I would play with it a bit. The other two machines will have XP or possibly Vista on them (provided I can convince myself I can trust the new launch). All machines are connected through a router which is connected to my broadband line.

So questions I have. Firstly are there any vulnerabilities I need to be wary of with Server 2003? Are there any holes that need closing? I still need to load a firewall onto it, can anyone suggest a good free one I can load onto it, likewise with Antivirus?

Vista, what do you think? Is it worth loading on now? Thought it may be worthwhile as I am redoing all the machines and I have copies of it (originals of course). Has anyone experienced any major problems with it.

Any other thoughts and suggestions would be good to hear.

Hey I am enjoying and gaining lot of knowledge about security and processed management around 9 windows 2003 servers and 150 XpSP2/2000 Pro and everything will be OK always. And as much I experienced Quick Heal is working great on my Network.

If u have any Issues related Windows 2003/XP and 2000 or other... get solved at www.techiesbox.com

zedxprt is offline   Reply With Quote