Server 2003 and MSHOME..

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, so my uncle gave me his old server, which had Windows 2003 on it. There was a product key on the side, so I reinstalled it.

It's all fresh and fast, but how can I get it working on the home network?

It doesnt have the option to join a workgroup like XP has.. someone please help.. I just want the other computers to be able to access the drives..

dont you just assign it an ip adress and then configure the desktops to use it as their default gateway and then map the drives of the server to the other computers

No, you know how like you share drives in XP, and you can access other drives on other computers, I just want to do that!

And the default gateway needs to be the router..

ive seen an article about using win 2003 server as a router wait a sec ill jus find it

joxley1990 said:
Ok, so my uncle gave me his old server, which had Windows 2003 on it. There was a product key on the side, so I reinstalled it.

It's all fresh and fast, but how can I get it working on the home network?

It doesnt have the option to join a workgroup like XP has.. someone please help.. I just want the other computers to be able to access the drives..

I mainly use server 2000, however unless the machinne is an active directory server, you should be able to change the workgroup.

HOWEVER if you did set it up as an active directory server, changing the workgroup is a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom