secure ftp and ssh server?

codejammer007

Solid State Member
ok, the computer i'm on now... i set up remote desktop.. and that's it...
i installed iis... and i need to set to set up a ssh server and a ftp server...
i do have a solid ip...
and i don't think i have an issue with internet speeds, it being approx: 22.2 MB down and 2.5 mb up...

i'm running win xp pro, 1.5 gb ram, 3.2 ghz ht p4, soon to have 1 tb of space,,, but now 80 gb...

and i wan't ssh, insted of telnet because of the security...

and i need it as locked down as possable, i need max security, right now i'm useing windoze firewall.. and i don't feel to safe with it.....lol...

i need step by step instructions.......
any help is greatly appreachiated...
thanks alot,
bobby

Lucky for you it's possible to install SSH on a winbox, but why is completely unknown to me.

http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

2nd link on google which shows your lack of respect for people's time. if you're to lazy to do a google search why do you expect us to provide you step by step info. Your idea of a SSHd on Windows seems quite retarded as well.

try not to burn yourself with your soldering iron.

Lucky for you it's possible to install SSH on a winbox, but why is completely unknown to me.

i said "ssh, insted of telnet because of the security..."

thanks for the link...

2nd link on google which shows your lack of respect for people's time. if you're to lazy to do a google search why do you expect us to provide you step by step info.

1st off... what did you search for to get that..
2ond off... people who have experence with doing this before might not take anytime at all...
3rd... i did do a google search, and all i got was ssh clients for windoze, and broken links.
4th... well some people learn from doing certain things, and for some one whos done this a bunch, it might be pritty easy to give a few pointer steps...

Your idea of a SSHd on Windows seems quite retarded as well.

wtf? i don't care if you think it's retarted or not... are you trying to say you'd rather use telnet?

try not to burn yourself with your soldering iron.

I won't

and "soap is funny" no it's not, because you probily love to drop the soap...

My point wasn't telnet > SSH. My point is why would you need remote access to a Windows command line. If you can find a valid use for it good for you, but it's pretty useless to most people. I can think of a few reasons but it's rather limited.

I searched for "SSH" and "Windows" in the form of "SSH Windows". Really hard huh? I guess if you can't come up with those two keywords you're probably gonna need step by step instructions.

I don't think a lot of people mind helping people. It's just the people who are incapable of being helped or too lazy to help themselves (Which you show characteristics of both) generally aren't worth the time invested.

You're right, soap isn't funny. Thanks for attempting to comment on an inside joke you know nothing about.

There's more things I could scrutinize but it's not worth the time invested.

Back
Top Bottom