SBS and exchange

sponge

Beta member
Hi im having troubles!

How can i set the displayed 'from names' in the clients email accounts? i cant seem to gain access to any such features in the clients accounts and cant find a way to do it on the server!

Any Help would be fantastic!

:)
Spomge

from names are always sent by the client. not the server.

if you use outlook when you set up the account you'll see that when you set up a new email account there is a bax for "your name"
this is the from name, (put whatever you like in here). the username box is the name that's used to lo onto the server for authentication etc. (unless you set that differently in advanced options)

If you are using Microsoft Exchange Server for email and you have Outlook setup to use Exchange then you have to change the display names on the server.

yes... I seem to recall that that is the way it's done...

unfortunatly I don't have access to an excahnge server anymore since the place I work now uses IMAP mail due to greater flexibility.

but IIRC...

go to the users and computers pannel, and view the properties of the person you wish to change,
their display name should be on the same page as the rest of their details, including default mail address login name etc...

Going to Control Panel and users will only change users on the local machine.

Here are the steps to changing user email display name.

Go to... (on the exchange server)

Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Active Directory User and Computers
Right on the user you want to change
Click Properties
Change the display name in the "Display Name" field.
Click Ok

Wait about 15 minutes and see if the display name changes when they send email.

If not...

If I remember correctly...
Go to the user's properties again.
Click on the email address tab
If there is a CC address in the list...
Click on it and click edit and make sure the name matches the users new name.

Back
Top Bottom