Root administration in windows XP pro

danagol1990

Baseband Member
I want to access a root administration acount, or set it up so that i am changed to root administration level. How can i do this?

Dan

Hah, you use linux too much.

The official top user in XP is any "Administrator", however unlike root administrator follows filesystem permissions. However their is also a SYSTEM account that follows less permissions, however you cant technically login as it (their is a hack, however)

Hah, you use linux too much.

The official top user in XP is any "Administrator", however unlike root administrator follows filesystem permissions. However their is also a SYSTEM account that follows less permissions, however you cant technically login as it (their is a hack, however)

Use linux too much? ive used linux once, and cant say that i have enjoyed it!

root is the "main account" for linux machines. What is the goal you are trying to accomplish here?

When you install windows xp pro, the account you create during startup is by default, an administrator account.

My guess is that you are running on an administrator account right now.

Nonetheless, try this:

click on start,
click run,
type: "cmd" (without the quotes) then hit OK
type in the following: (ent) means hit enter

net user danagol /add (ent)
net localgroup Administrators danagol /add (ent)

now an administrator account named "danagol" is created, which is not password protected. If you cannot do this, because you do not have admin rights on that machine; that's probably for a reason.

-sam

PS: Give linux another shot :p

Back
Top Bottom