Question

blando233

In Runtime
I have two questions be great for your opinions.

First Question - i have an extra laptop dont really use i was wondering you think i could use it for like a back up server or somthing? Basically just want my computer that im useing now to be backed up to that or is that not good idea or wont work? Just thought id put it in some use or somthing. If you have any ideas for it let me know.

Second Question - how would i go about getting i guess outlook for home. i was wondering if i could just build a home server for my emails. I have two extra desktops. And if i was going to use outlook or whatever do i install exchange as a server to run outlook?

Thanks for your help :)..
Not sure if i put as much detail as needed if not just ask :p

Do you have your own domain that you have an e-mail address at?
Also, Exchange (with Client Access Licenses) is not the cheapest solution for a mail server (and will not run on a desktop OS).

If you purchase Exchange, you get outlook (and can use outlook on as many computers as you have bought CALs for) with it.

Basically I need a little bit more information:

What are you using for e-mail now?
Do you have multiple users/ e-mails or just multiple pc's?
Is this only for home use or are you trying to host e-mail for other people?

As far as the laptop as a server goes, I would sell it, use one of the extra desktops as a file-store and buy an external hard drive using the money from the laptop that you can access from all your pc's via the one you set up as the file-store.

ok yea i didnt think on like using the laptop actually gave it to my gf lol. but anyways i am using gmail and i wanted to learn more using exchange and using outlook so its a home thing. Id like to use outlook rather than gmail prob. So then i can learn the in's and out's of exchange and outlook ya know..and right now im building a file server on one of the empty desktops a linux file server.

Back
Top Bottom