Power Meter error on a TS??

Gorilla Pound

Solid State Member
We are currently experiencing a major problem on a windows 2000 terminal server. This server was redone from scratch because it had crashed a few days ago...We were monents away from putting it in to production until we ran in to this issue.

There will be a few test terminal server sessions on this server and this problem occurs as like every hour or so. What happens is the logged in user will get a End Program – Power Meter window pop up when they try to log off the session. Then any following log offs from any user will generate this power meter error on their screen. When the terminal server gets in this state it has to be rebooted to resume normal operation. While the server is in this corrupted state then when people log into the terminal server it takes extremely long (30-60 seconds) before the user is presented with the desktop. It doesn't matter whether the user is a domain user or a user on the local box once the server is in this corrupted state.

I did some research and apparently the only solution is to restart the print spooler...I am not sure how or why printing is causing this problem, but there are no printers installed directly on this server, its using a print server. Once I restart the print spooler it is ok, but this is not an option to keep doing every hour...Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Back
Top Bottom