which one is better to use for business email Google Apps or my own mail server?

Hi Guys
I just want to know what is better to use google apps or get my own mail server going?

IMO, If you have your own business and your own website it looks a lot better/ more professional for you, if you have your own.

IMO, For example, lets say your business is ColdwaterCS.com what looks better
someone@coldwatercs.com or coldwatercs@gmail.com see what I'm saying.

If I was a client/customer I would wanna see your own and not some google app, just my two cents.

Yes but it is cheaper to have a googlemail account anyways,most people dont care they just go oh he has gmail most people dont even NOTICE.

IMO, If you have your own business and your own website it looks a lot better/ more professional for you, if you have your own.

IMO, For example, lets say your business is ColdwaterCS.com what looks better
someone@coldwatercs.com or coldwatercs@gmail.com see what I'm saying.

If I was a client/customer I would wanna see your own and not some google app, just my two cents.

Yes but it is cheaper to have a googlemail account anyways,most people dont care they just go oh he has gmail most people dont even NOTICE.

Google apps will let you use gmail with WHATEVER address you want to use it with, for example you could use blah@yourname.com as your email address with gmail. It's nifty, but you have to pay for it.

Yes but it is cheaper to have a googlemail account anyways,

Cheaper? Hmm, if he has his own website (which he does) 99% of web hosting companys has email addresses as part of the *plan* so it's not costing him anything extra for the email addresses because it's part of the *Plan features* through his web hosting company.

most people dont care they just go oh he has gmail most people dont even NOTICE.

But they do notice. ;) Thats the thing. People who don't know any better don't care because they are 'ignorant' about it. Something that small who could affect your business more than you realize. It doesn't look very professional to have your business end @ gmail.com, hotmail.com yahoo.com just my opinion.

people do notice Gmail addresses.

your own domain (IMO) is a must if you want to appear professional.

people do notice Gmail addresses.

your own domain (IMO) is a must if you want to appear professional.

Yes, you really do need your own domain name to appear professional. hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc are big no nos for business cards

Back
Top Bottom