Cert Search

Beta member
whats up!! I just started a class in server 2003. its all very interesting and challenging i hope to master this course so i can make big bucks in the industry, are there any tips you would like to give me before i graduate? i would appreciate all the help.

if you want the BIG bucks... ditch microsoft and learn Linux / Unix...

from jobsearch.co.uk. (a few months ago, I just stole this from an old thread...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unix Systems Administrator - Oxford - Linux/FreeBSD

Opportunity for experienced Linux/FreeBSD (Unix) Systems Administrator to join expanding software house. Successful person must have excellent knowledge of Unix (FreeBSD or Linux) including installation, kernel tuning and troubleshooting. Must have excellent knowledge of Apache Web Server (including Sendmail and Bind etc) and knowledge of Unix shell scripting and ideally good knowledge of Perl scripting also. Fabulous working environment and career prospects. READ ON.....
Oxford, Oxfordshire Permanent £25,000 to £35,000 per year (GBP up to 35k +bonus +benefits) published 17/02/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Systems Administrator - Oxford - Windows - knowledge of Lotus, Citrix, SQL adv

Oxfordshire. Opp for experienced IT Systems Administrator (Windows 2000/ 2003 Server) to join expanding software house. Successful person must have 3 yrs+ commercial exp of administering Windows 2000/2003 Servers. Other skills req'd are: Administration of SQL Server databases, knowledge of Citrix and Lotus Notes Systems. Any exp of Windows scripting adv. Involvement in future planning of Windows based systems and assisting development team with SQL Server database design. Exceptional working.
Oxford Permanent £20,000 to £30,000 per year (GBP up to 30k +bonus +benefits) published 17/02/2005

Yes, UNIX SysAdmins can make more but that's not to say there's not a very large market for the Windows platform. The lurning curve is also much greater so keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom