Making an internet drive??

Windex1

In Runtime
Making an internet drive?? aka... mooching off servers.

I'm pretty sure someone has thought about this, so i'm just wondering if there is a program out there...

Ok, so people are given about 50 MB of webspace for a webserver with each account they sign up for.

When your webserver gets full it won't accept anymore data input.
Are there programs out there that recognize this error from the webserver and automatically connect to a different webserver to store that data you just tried to put on, on a different server?

If (cyberman.0catch.com=full){
switch blahblahblah.???.com;
insert data;
else if blahblahblah.???.com=full;
insert data into ubernuber.????.com;}

or else if that one is full it moves to the next one...

anyone know if such a program exists?

Another neat thing would be if the program could search through each server looking for a file such as...

homework505.doc

mainly because it will place it in the next available server.

If you're just using the space to store things, you might want to look into a Gmail account. It's an e-mail account offered by Google which allows you to store up to 1GB of mail.

People have developed methods of turning these accounts into a virtual drive on your computer, so it will appear in 'My Computer' if you happen to have Windows. It'll be assigned a drive letter, and you use it just like a normal drive.

The downside is, you must install third-party software, and you must have a Gmail account. Currently, Gmail is only giving out accounts based on invitation. I've got plenty of invitation's (50), so if you're interested, you can contact me via instant messanger (preferably AIM) and I'll give you one.

Um...

Before I lose my temper let me ask you just two questions.
1> How many pages back did you go to retrieve this thread?
2> Did you happen to see the date of the first post?
Please respond...

i do remember having something on my computer called X Drive. I don't remember how I got it on there though. This was yeeeaaars ago. Maybe... 7 or something. I did do a lot with yahoo 7 years ago though.

Back
Top Bottom