How many fans do we have a virtualization

frank2085

In Runtime
Ok guys,

I want to see how many fans of virtualization we have in here. I want to know what you think is the best program to use for virtualization and what you think the best part of it is.

I am a huge fan of vmware but i currently use sun virtualbox because its free. I currently have 3 virtual machines a win7 windows xp and a server 08 box. So i guess you can say a have a virtual domain cause i have everything joined to my virtual domain and i am currently using GPP's to lock everything down.

I would like you hear what yall think

Vmware player is what I am using its free with no expiration but it is limited

I run Ubuntu, Debian, Win XP right now as my Virtuals and my main OS is Win 7 Ultimate.

Not at home or I would try it.
I will give you an answer to that question later. I want to say yes but I can not remember. Installing OpenSuse one time gave me some issues and I think I changed the drives removed some added some etc. I'm pretty vague on it at the moment.

I know, I have the authority over those items during install never messed with changing that stuff after the initial installation. You can call me a noob now. I just never had a reason to change the initial values. I have 12GB of ram and plenty of HD space along with multiple cores, so I'm generous with the resources I give at the beginning.

lol thats all good i remember using vmware player but i didnt think you could edit that. At work we have most of our servers virtualized which is very nice but right now i am using sunbox with the big 3 OS's. The nice part is i have a tool that i can copy the vdi file and it changes the SSID so it looks like it is a brand new VM very nice i can now get a VM up and running in 10min

Your right, you can not edit them. Vmware player does not seem to be dynamic at all. Well at least I cannot figure it out.

I like virtualization. I use Hyper-V on my Windows Server machine, it run's a debian instance 24/7 (which run's SQUID). I use VMWare on my Desktop, too.

im not really a fan of virtualization, mainly because I don't have a real need for it. I find that most of the time its easier to just get the program to run on your native os.

I can see why some people would have a use for it though
/shrugs

You can, cant you? :S

Ah, im thinking of using the entire hard disk as a disk image, not using a hard disk a drive in it's self... if you see what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom