Exchange 5.5(delegates)

gizmo084

Solid State Member
Good day

We had a secretary that was a delegate on one of the managers outlook to view and edit his calendar, now that she has left-her email was deleted and access was disabled. Even though he doesn't have her name as an delegate anymore. If someone request a meeting-the requestor gets the following message back:

Sent: 06 July 2005 12:24 PM
To: Thomas, Enolla (Contingent)
Subject: Undeliverable: Grant Leppan - Discussion with DC

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: ******- ******
Sent: 06/07/2005 12:24 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

********* on 06/07/2005 12:24 PM
The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=MCI;p=company;l=exchangeservername-050706102335Z-3194
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:*******:exchangeservername

I did some reading and got this solution, but unfortunetly I'am strugling to fix this problem i'm havin. The First solution doesn't help cause her name doesn't show in the delegates list. So i tried the second solution but get stuck at no. 9. Please if any one can help, it will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution:

How to use Mdbvu32.exe to identify and remove a delegate rule from a mailbox in Exchange Server
View products that this article applies to.
Article ID : 312433
Last Review : April 28, 2005
Revision : 4.1
This article was previously published under Q312433
SUMMARY
In Outlook clients, a damaged or corrupted delegate for a Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 mailbox could cause the following conditions: • Meeting requests are incorrectly sent to previously removed delegates.
• Non-delivery reports (NDRs) are generated when users send meeting requests to a mailbox because that mailbox has a delegate whose mailbox has been deleted.
• You cannot add a user as a delegate if the user was previously a delegate but had been removed from the list of delegates.
This article discusses two methods to resolve this issue.
MORE INFORMATION
If the removed delegate still receives meeting requests, or if senders of meeting requests receive NDRs, follow these steps first:1. In Outlook, when you are using the mailbox where the delegate was previously established, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click Delegates.
2. Click Add, and then click the delegate that had been removed if the name of the delegate is available. You can select another user in the Global Address List if the original delegate has been removed. Try to establish the same permissions that were previously used, if you know what they are. Then, click OK.
3. Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
4. Restart Outlook.
5. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Delegates.
6. Click the delegate that you had re-added, click Remove, and then click OK to close the Options dialog box.
7. Restart Outlook.
8. Send the user a meeting request. Then, make sure that the meeting request was not sent to the former delegate.

If the previous steps are not successful, use Mdbvu32.exe to manually remove the delegate rule. Mdbvu32.exe is a message store viewer utility that uses Extended MAPI. You can find the Mdbvu32.exe utility on the CD of each version of Exchange.

To identify a delegate rule and remove the delegate rule from a mailbox, follow these steps: 1. Make sure that Outlook is not currently running on the workstation.
2. Start the Mdbvu32.exe utility, and then click OK in the first dialog box, to log on.
3. On the MDB menu, click OpenMessageStore.
4. Click the relevant mailbox, and then click Open to start the store.
5. On the MDB menu, click Open Root Folder.
6. Double-click Top of Information Store in the Child Folders area.
7. Double-click Inbox in the Child Folders area to view the properties of the Inbox folder.
8. Locate the Associated Message in FLD: pane of the MAPI_FOLDER-Inbox window. Notice the items that start with *pb EF 00 00 00 19 82 62. Each of these is a rule that is set up on the Inbox. The user can set up some of the rules. Other rules are for things like using the Out of Office Assistant or forwarding meeting responses to a delegate.
9. Double-click each of the rules in turn, to open the rule and examine the rule to determine which rule is the delegate rule. Check the Message Property 0x65EB. The delegate rule should have the Schedule + EMS Interface for this property.
10. When you find the corresponding rule, check the message property 0x65EF, which is a long, double-byte string of characters. If the string starts with 02, the rule states, "Send meeting requests and responses only to my delegates, not to me." If the string starts with 01, the rule states, "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me." If either of these options is set in Outlook, and there is no message or rule under Associated Message in FLD:, the rule no longer exists, which explains why the requests and responses are not being forwarded. You can also delete the delegate rule from here.
11. After you identify the delegate rule, select the rule in the Associated Message in FLD: pane of the MAPI_FOLDER-Inbox window.
12. In the Operations available box, click lpFld->DeleteMessages(), and then click Call Function.
13. When the MAPI_FOLDER-Inbox->DeleteMessages() window appears, click OK to delete the message.
14. Quit Mdbvu32.exe by closing all windows until you return to the MDB Viewer Test Application window.
15. On the MDB menu, click Store Logoff, and then click OK.
16. Click OK in the LOGOFF_COMPLETE window.
17. Close the MDB Viewer Test Application window.

I found your post because I was having the same problem. Method #1 will work, even if you specify any other user as the delegate. Then close/reopen Outlook, delete the delegate you just added, and close/reopen Outlook again.

Back
Top Bottom