Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Server Administration
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default establishing new Forest Domain on win2003

I am starting a new Forest domain (DC)on IBM 6028482 Server SCSI 36GB 512MB DDR. With 40 PCs existing on my LAN connected together on a star topology using 2 3COM switch hubs, i wanted to make a DC.

the situation is this: my office has 5 departments. i want some specific employees to logon on a domain.. like sales,administrative,legal divisions... i want to give them diferent policies in every division.

problem: is it possible that whenever they logon to domain network the users can choose what domain they would into? like they can select on administrative domain,sales domain or legal domain? with only one server...

pedro_iho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Solid State Member

Send a message via AIM to nagual Send a message via MSN to nagual Send a message via Yahoo to nagual
Default Re: establishing new Forest Domain on win2003

If I am thinking correctly you want to set up a domain.com, and have people log into something like marketing.domain.com, and advertising.domain.com, and marketing.domain.com all running off of the same server. If this is what you are asking you can do, you can't. One server has to be a domain controller, and then other computers can act as marketing.domain.com and so forth.
nagual is offline   Reply With Quote