Email and Text notification for server alerts

cloksin

Baseband Member
Can anyone help me find an application (doesn't have to be free, I'm willing to pay) that can be set up on a server that will send an email or text message when a warning or error is logged in any of the event logs. I have several rack mount Dell servers that were just recently moved to a different building on my company's campus which makes it more difficult to monitor the status of the servers. The only thing that Dell offers is their server administrator and IT assistant software. I would like to find something else if it is available.

Dell Ita is not bad, they are replacing it with alraris soon.

blat.exe is good for mailing alerts .. if you can force a alert to run an exe on triger.

Whatsup is good also

we generally use SMNP solutions to monitor machines.

the windows SNMP service is a reasonably good service and can access the extra MIBS provided by packages like open manage etc (or whatever the dell equiv is) to monitor hardware status as well.

there are quite a few free SNMP monitor tools out there, and some commercial ones too if you plan to have an actively monitoring/alerting machine.

IF you use IBM director, this tool can monitor SNMP things like process usage/disk usage etc and the basic version is available for free. and can be configured to email you.

to download this you need to go to the IBM website and search for it, you might need to open a free account to use it as well.

(even though it's IBM it works on non-IBM servers as well).

Back
Top Bottom