Cutecast

Angelot

Beta member
Hi - hope this is the right forum for this Q?

I've been running the cutecast-script on my page for a couple of weeks, and there is one thing I can't figure out...

Some forums are open for all, but others I will restrict access so that only the ones I give access to have premission to enter the forum. I've tried for 100 times, but I can't get it right.

Either have all registered users access, or none...!

For the restricted forums I've set premissions to Spesial, and any new members have then no access. In the member area I then give some of the users access to read/reply/post on the forums I've set up as Special. But when they try to enter they get premission denied.

I've tried to set premissions to other alternatives too... If I open for all registered users I have to manualle remove every premission for each new user, and if I set it to None nobody has access...

So how can I do this?

What is premission: Spesial, and how can I use this?

On the server I've seen that in the forum.db files the premissions are set with numbers. Ex. 44 is Special and 31 is read/reply/post for every registered user. Do anyone have all the numbers, and can I use this to restrict access?

Please help - I'm stuck!

:-Joachim

Back
Top Bottom