CMOS reset on HP ProLiant ML370 G3???

Fabric1601

In Runtime
Guys if somebody know, how can i reset the CMOS on this server, i was looking for a switch/pin/jumper on the motherboard next to the real-time battery but i couldnt find any...i was also trying to remove the battery, wait, then put it back again....nothing!!:(
please help!!!:confused:

Hi,

Can you give us some information about the server. What brand, and type? Also, what the mobo is? How long did you wait when you took the battery out?

Cheers!

Hi,

Can you give us some information about the server. What brand, and type? Also, what the mobo is? How long did you wait when you took the battery out?

Cheers!

The motherboard is: Compaq 290559-001
I've initially waited for like 5 mins before putting the battery back in place. I am not even sure that this is the problem...the thing is that the server cannot start. It powers up and everything but it just doesnt come on the screen. It originally came with 2xXeon 3.06GHz CPUs. Afterwards they were changed to 2xXeon 2.8GHz/533 FSB 512KB Cache.....And this is the only thing that it's been changed....

Ok, try re-seating the memory. Power down, unplug power, remove ram, power up, see if it posts. If it does you have some bad ram and you need to figure out if 1 or all of the sticks are bad. If it doesn't, put the ram back in and look elsewhere (could be processor or MB). Power supplies seem to be working no?

If this doesn't work, if you're feeling adventurous, you can try to re-seat the heatsink(/s) on the processors.

Also a dumb question, but is the video cable secured properly?

Also, is the fan louder than normal? This is a sign that the motherboard is not controlling the speed of the fan and could indicate a bad motherboard. Do you still have the HP Carepack with the G3, or was this purchase not from HP?

if you put the original processors back in without changing anything else is it still bad?

Back
Top Bottom