Which best monitoring tool?

sahabcse

In Runtime
I need to monitor more than 150 servers and storage box, network devices. Most of them suggesting the open source monitor tool is "nagios".

Any one using HP enterprise monitoring tools are "sitescope" or "HPOM"?

I have tried zabbix once but it is more complex to set up and error escalation is a bit strange.

I will try the monitor tool which is suggested by JCB and let me decide to choose the best one.

I've heard good things about nagios,

and also Cactus.

At my work we have our own custom written monitoring software (monitoring thousands of devices). (Using SNMP and WMI as well as some custom script for pulling and parsing stuff from non-standard displays)...

depending on the brand of server or device you might want to try something like IBM director or HPs lights out manager, this works with non-IBM/HP devices too. but makes it a lot easier to monitor. (so rather than having to go an find (either by MIB inspection or SNMP walk) the mib that you're trying to monitor it loads mib files and you just select from a tree the stuff that you want to monitor... that might be CPU temp or chassis fan speeds). -which you can get using SNMP from ilo/RSA/imm/DRAC connections (assuming you have these plugged in and setup).

Thanks for your suggestion.

I haven' hear about Cactus. is it able to monitor infrastructure and devices as well as application.

If I could ask, what specifically are you wanting to monitor? The event log? Service status? AD changes? AD Health? etc. etc. Monitoring tends to be a broad subject.

Back
Top Bottom