Where should I start with programming?

Lol, tbh I downloaded that after I wrote that.

Denthul, Can you inbox me your msn or something?

SharpDevelop is great, but it's an IDE not a compiler!

As suggested earlier, books are great resources - I'd advise getting a good one then following it through. You can get advise off the internet yes, but there's no guarantee it's good or correct advise (and a lot of it I've seen around isn't!)

Lol, tbh I downloaded that after I wrote that.

Denthul, Can you inbox me your msn or something?

You have mail.

berry120 said:
As suggested earlier, books are great resources - I'd advise getting a good one then following it through. You can get advise off the internet yes, but there's no guarantee it's good or correct advise (and a lot of it I've seen around isn't!)

Agreed. I got Sams Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days. Very good to learn from and it has a lot more useful information about each section than I've found from a lot of sources on the web. The same was the case with the book on Perl I learned from. :)

I really appreciate all of this help guys. Where I live, I'm not sure that I can find anywhere, where they sell books like that. So, I don't know, I guess I'll just have to find the most trusted sites with the best tutorials.

I really appreciate all of this help guys. Where I live, I'm not sure that I can find anywhere, where they sell books like that. So, I don't know, I guess I'll just have to find the most trusted sites with the best tutorials.
I'd always order these sorts of things online.

Yeah I'm not in possession of a credit card or paypal account, so there is no real way. Although Denthul is helping me out alot. :)

Hi

I am also brand new to the whole programming thing, started with it this week. I downloaded a pdf that gave me a good oversight of things here:

Oversight PDF

Then i looked for some C and C++, but didn't manage to find anything decent in good time. But found some Pascal stuff instead.

This website gives lessons in it:

Pascal lessons

And found a development environment for it here:

Turbo Pascal

I found a ebook about C here if your interested:

CLanguageEbook

But like I said, I am brand new to this, so if someone comes along and says that these links I posted are rubbish! Then rather believe them! :)

Back
Top Bottom