What programs to use to create Searching Program?

Enflame87

Beta member
I am just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for writting a search program. Not like Google but something on a smaller scale that only involves 10 websites. What is a good language for this (Java, Perl, etc.). For example a program that searches eBay & Yahoo Auctions for specific items. Is this possible? Would I be breaking any laws? Are there any good books that could help me? I am familer with basic programing and website design and I am looking for a challenge. Just a few questions but this would prove very useful to me if I could do it. -Rick

samurai is right,you can download their API and patch it your site.there is an option there if you want to search in google or search through your site. but if you want a custom search program,you could use PHP and there are lot of source codes for searching modules.

Enflame87 said:
I am just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for writting a search program. Not like Google but something on a smaller scale that only involves 10 websites. What is a good language for this (Java, Perl, etc.). For example a program that searches eBay & Yahoo Auctions for specific items. Is this possible? Would I be breaking any laws? Are there any good books that could help me? I am familer with basic programing and website design and I am looking for a challenge. Just a few questions but this would prove very useful to me if I could do it. -Rick

oh no it is easy language to use the search the language is php
php shopping cart is use the search option not like google this search is use in entire site so use the php language and see the how is work search in php language :)

Back
Top Bottom