What language to start with?

It depends on what specialization you are trying to pursue. If you want to be a good website developer, then give Java a try. If you want to be a good software developer, Visual Basic is the easiest language so far.

Lol rewts a joker :)
So far i know the basics of HTML, i can't bear to do everything by myself so now i am using macromedia dreamweaver.
Peeking in this thread, i really do believe that i am going to do Java and then try abit of c++, i read part of an article on c++, i really could bother cause it was so long.
Any opinions on whether i should continue or just abandon the whole thing all together?
PS i am only 13 years old so please don't give me anything too hard :)

Hmmm... I don't agree that C++ is a good place to start. It's got a hard syntax, loads of libraries, and documentation that would fill the Library of Congress. C++ is an advanced language, and it takes a lot of knowledge to do simple things. Visual Basic would be a better starting point, but VB.NET isn't incredibly easy either. VB6 was a GREAT beginner's language, but it's going the way of COBOL for new development.

Scripting languages are a great way to start. Learn HTML and then look at Javascript. You'll learn the basics and be able to apply them to something quickly.

And if you're into it and want to make a serious committment, then take on C++.

Back
Top Bottom