What language to start with?

rdcmmnst

Daemon Poster
I am a beginner. I can manage a little bit of html. I just need to know what language to begin with what compilers to download... I need all the help i can get. Oh yeah i have gmail invitations for those of you who find time to help me.. haha. I really do tho.

well I don't want a Gmail invitation, but I will stop to help...

I'd suggest a good language to learn would be either Java or C++, there are plenty of arguments over what is easiest to learn...

easiest to learn would be something like C or python, maybe even visual basic.

but most usefull in terms of being able to make applications, and having job prospects in the IT world, I'd say definitly C++ or visual basic are the way forward...

As for compilers, I suggest you take a look at labs.msdn.microsoft.com and get a beta copy of visual studio. this will inevitably expire, but it will get you started for nothing, and when it does expire you'll be able to download the next edition anyway...

From your other thread, not being able to get english books isn't really as much of a problems as it once was, there are plenty of online tutorials and ebooks that will help you out, (probably better than a regular book as well!)

I agree, C++ and Visual Basic are the way forward.

But if I had to choose between the two (and I've used both) it'd be C++, simply because Visual Basic began to do my head in with its stupid error messages and general all round clumsiness.

i tried to start with visual basic but found that it was a little bit cumbersome. I think i will try C++ thanks alot. If you guys have any links to ebooks that would be great. And here in russia i dont think finding any compilers will be a problem. They sell all kinds of pirated stuff here.... but we all know that's bad.

Just go to my first link. Free BETA version of Visual C++ Express. All you need especially if you are a beginner.

I don't like visual basic and I think learning java since you know a bit of html. And c++ after that. C++ is huge and if you learn java first you'll pick it up easier.

i donno.. george i really think i like c++ but i can always try java. I dont really think that i'm into the whole internet application

it's based on the amount of posts you make... just hang around and keep posting and it'll disapear all by it's self...

Back
Top Bottom