What are best books for learning Java?

MacGirl

In Runtime
I know that this question has probably bee asked a zillion times before, but all of the posts that I could find about it were at least a year old. I am looking for a book that start out at the very basic level......Any suggestions?

Java for dummies is a good book, that is the one I use, all the other ones are somewhat complicated.

Hope this helps:confused:

Thanks guys! Java for Dummies looks like a good one. I definitely need one that is not too complicated to begin with! Stabering, who is the author of your Java 6 book? I tried to look it up, but google came up with a lot of different ones about java 6.

I am also wondering if it would be better to start with learning JavaScript before I start learning Java. I know that they are somewhat different. Is it better to learn JavaScript first or does that make any difference?

They have a book called

java 6

learn java in 21 days

Its a book for people who already have some knowledge in programming, so it doesn't go into the redundant horrible metaphors for people who nothing of programming. If you now just a little bit of programming, this book will put you right into it and is very helpful. You should be able to pick it up from most any bookstore.

I ahd a good one for when I took my java class 2 years ago at Drexel...I dont remember the name but i should be able to get it to you on sunday, if your still looking that is.

I ahd a good one for when I took my java class 2 years ago at Drexel...I dont remember the name but i should be able to get it to you on sunday, if your still looking that is.

I would love to know the name of your java book.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

MacGirl. I got one more for your. Online tutorials. Just google them up. I just learned about outputting and inputting in java in less than 10 minutes. Of course I've had previous experiences with programming, but its cost-free and effective.

MacGirl. I got one more for your. Online tutorials. Just google them up. I just learned about outputting and inputting in java in less than 10 minutes. Of course I've had previous experiences with programming, but its cost-free and effective.

Thanks JogaBonito. I have done a couple of online tutorials, and plan on doing lots more of them as I get the time. They may be even better than books are, because the online content is usually more up-to-date.

hey MacGirl,
sorry about the lack of the book name I forgot, i emailed myself to remind me when i get home tonight about it.

so it should be up around 7 or so.

EDIT: Couldn't find mine...so im gonna look for my roommates tonight cause he has the same book.

Sorry MacGirl

Back
Top Bottom