Web Browser?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I am after an internet browser using VB that doesnt use the web browser component. There are various reasons why i need this and prefer not to go into detail. I was wondering if it was possible, and whether someone could lead me in the right direction. I must say i am not very good with programming as i have only recently started.
All help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

if you've only recently started, it'd perhaps be best to use the web component!!!

else you are going to have to write your own rendering engine!!

But... for starters look at the network socket component, this will let you connect to any server on any socket, web services are on port 80... and all web information is sent as plain text.

just using the network socket will be fine if you plan to browse text only pages...

however you are going to have to write code to interperate all HTML tages, CSS Sheets, Javascript, etc...

I'm not trying to put you off... but are you certain that you don't want to use the web browser component?

It seems complicated to do this, so i am thinking disregard this post lol.....I might think about it a bit further on. Thanks for your help though, its much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom