Want to create a program, what language should I learn?

dwright

Baseband Member
Hello

I have been trading the stock markets on and off for a few years now, and it has got to the stage where I would like to be able to automate the trades that I make. I would like to create a program that can run alongside the program that I use to trade the stocks, recognising certain movements on the charts and also automatically make a trade when it recognises that the movements meet certain conditions.

I am guessing that the program I want to create will need to be able to scan the pages of the existing program, recognising and reading numbers in order for it to be able to work successfully. I dont know whether this is possible, but I have heard of programs that have been successfully designed to scan the lines of bookmaker websites to search for good odds. My program would actually need to go a step further and actually press buttons on the software's pages to make a trade (this, I imagine could be a bit tricky).

So, my questions are:

1) Does anyone know if it would be possible to create such a program, and how awkward might it be?

2) Considering I don't have any experience in programming, would it be possible to learn a computer language and create this program myself, or would it take years to learn how to create something like this?

3) If possible, which computer language would be the easiest to learn that could create this program?

Don't laugh, but I have had some experience automating excel spreadsheets with quite complex formulas.
I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

D Wright

I have seen programs like this created for other purposes. I believe they were made in Visual Basic or some scripting language. It would probably be done by automating mouse clicks and keyboard presses. I am sorry I can not provide you with much assistance on this because I myself have little experiance creating such a program.

I belive you can buy little boxes or something that can do the stock market for you, but I dont know.

some answers:

1)
It would be possible, just very difficult and there would be many things you'd need to think about

2)
It would take a long time, you'd need to learn a powerful language, such as VB or C++, personally, I'd go for VB, as it is easy, and very powerful

3)
I think VB would do it, but you probably need someone elses opinions, ^^^^see there

I would use C++ for tapping the information outputted from an internet website or another programme. If it is from another programme, have fun with that. All I have to say, really, is "good luck".

Back
Top Bottom