Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #11
BSOD

ok i want to learn java and c++ could someone tell me where or teach me themselves and teach me what programs to apply them too?

Computergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Denthúl Send a message via MSN to Denthúl Send a message via Yahoo to Denthúl
Default Re: Wanna Learn?

C is easier than C++ and is 95% the same, so try that and if you get good then go on to C++.

As for learning, buy books and go to websites wuch as www.programmersheaven.com.

Denthúl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
You can download some good PDF Books from Shareaza to
Is Shareaza a file share programs does it have spyware
Sorry a bit off topic
Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #14
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Nah; it has none. Its completely free.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #15
Mal
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergen
ok i want to learn java and c++ could someone tell me where or teach me themselves and teach me what programs to apply them too?

At my uni starting sept im tkaing computer science and the language they use there is Java. I have a book on Java and C++ (Sam's teach yourself xxx in 21 days) to do a proper job and be really serious about it i suggest investing in a book or two. Those ones mentioned are very good, and have served me no end. As for tutorials, Java online tutorials are a bit scatty from my experience, but a list of some can be found at this website
but I would advise this one as a good resource. The "a cup of java" on suns website is good in parts and useless in others, but you can judge your own preference.
C++ tutorials. I personally have moved away from my book and am following this through to get a reasonably detailed overview before going through my book for the fine tuning, every makes more sense second time through. I dont feel the need to mention any other C++ tutorial websites as that one is by far the best I've ever come across.

Just incase you haven't got/didn't know, you also need compilers in which to write each language's code. The book for Java comes with a CD with their compiler software on, but even the "new" edition of that which I purchased was an outdated version. Save yourself time and hassle and download this compiler package from netbeans containing the IDE and the Java 2 (the newest version of java aka Java 1.5) package.

As for the C++ compiler, I myself went with the free Dev-C++ compiler which should be all you need to start writing your C++ code.

Thats the kit you need for Java and C++, be sure to bring your brain, and you're away. Enjoy your programming experience!

Mal is offline   Reply With Quote