Wanna Learn?

:confused: ok i want to learn java and c++ could someone tell me where or teach me themselves and teach me what programs to apply them too?

Computergen said:
:confused: ok i want to learn java and c++ could someone tell me where or teach me themselves and teach me what programs to apply them too?

At my uni starting sept im tkaing computer science and the language they use there is Java. I have a book on Java and C++ (Sam's teach yourself xxx in 21 days) to do a proper job and be really serious about it i suggest investing in a book or two. Those ones mentioned are very good, and have served me no end. As for tutorials, Java online tutorials are a bit scatty from my experience, but a list of some can be found at this website
but I would advise this one as a good resource. The "a cup of java" on suns website is good in parts and useless in others, but you can judge your own preference.
C++ tutorials. I personally have moved away from my book and am following this through to get a reasonably detailed overview before going through my book for the fine tuning, every makes more sense second time through. I dont feel the need to mention any other C++ tutorial websites as that one is by far the best I've ever come across.

Just incase you haven't got/didn't know, you also need compilers in which to write each language's code. The book for Java comes with a CD with their compiler software on, but even the "new" edition of that which I purchased was an outdated version. Save yourself time and hassle and download this compiler package from netbeans containing the IDE and the Java 2 (the newest version of java aka Java 1.5) package.

As for the C++ compiler, I myself went with the free Dev-C++ compiler which should be all you need to start writing your C++ code.

Thats the kit you need for Java and C++, be sure to bring your brain, and you're away. Enjoy your programming experience!

Back
Top Bottom