visual studio.net installation

extendcradle

In Runtime
guys,im now on the process of learning C#. Now im trying to install VisualStudio.Net. It is true that you required to install windows components including frontpage server extension. After the installation, this frontpage server extension cannot be installed and it doesn't give me any errors. What am I missing? Thank you guys!!!

oh ok, just wondering lol because "I know of" a version that is pirated, and has lots of missing files. wasnt sure if this is the one you had or not. to install the front page extensions go to add/remove windows components, IIS>Details>Front Page Extensions

oh ok,tnx for that.i'll try it out later when i got home. anyway,does vb.net included in Visual Studio.Net? The installer I borrowed is a license one because it has a certificate of authenticity in the box. Thanx,u must be a .net developer. :)

you only need the front page extensions if you plan to use front page extensions to publish work to your server,

if you don't install the front page extensions it only means that you can't publish the file straight to the server from the project, but it won't stop you FTPing the files after you've written/saved them...

also you don't actually need visual studio tro write ASPX/c# code, it can be done in notepade, or a simillar text editor, (I wrote my final year project in ASPX/Notepad simply because I just didn't get along with the VS.net IDE.

Visual studio .Net includes vb.net, Visual C# .net, J# .net, and i belive a few others.

root said:
you only need the front page extensions if you plan to use front page extensions to publish work to your server,

if you don't install the front page extensions it only means that you can't publish the file straight to the server from the project, but it won't stop you FTPing the files after you've written/saved them...

also you don't actually need visual studio tro write ASPX/c# code, it can be done in notepade, or a simillar text editor, (I wrote my final year project in ASPX/Notepad simply because I just didn't get along with the VS.net IDE.

VS.Net will not continue installing until frontpage extension is not installed. :(

I have a burned copy of VS.Net and when i'm trying to install the program it's asking me for ENU disc 1. Not sure what this is....any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom