Visual basic...I don't need help, just talking

hmm...yeh, I suppose it's c++ is also better because when it's compiled it's just one exe, where VB has a whole folder worth of files.

But a plain ol dos exe doesn't exactly look cool now does it :p

All I've made in VB is a basic calculator that I personalized some stuff on, but I love it because it looks so sweet!

Visual C# is now available if you would like something that would be able to make an easy gui, however to tie the code togeather, it would be just like proggin in a syntax highlighting notepad. but at least it allows you to visually design the layout of the program, if thats what your looking for.

VB only have one file one it's compiled, the many files are the project file/workspace file and module files/form files etc...

Once it's compiled it'll run on any windows machine,
(the only exception is that a runtime library may be required, but this can also be true if you use C with other linked libraries).

Visual basic, IS a real language, albeit a simple one for making simple applications, but for all intensive purposes, if you only want a simple applications there are times when VB is the best tool for the job.

VB also makes a great prototype language, enabling you to build simple forms etc for asthetic/functional specification approval.

but with great simlicity comes great restrictions, (mostly running speed).

certainly there are somethings that are done in C that you wouldn't even attempt in VB, but likewise there are things that are very simple in VB that would be insanly difficult in C/C++

one of the major resons i like vb over .net is that you have to have .net framework installed to run any app(.exe) that was written in a .net platform (C#, VB.Net)

Back
Top Bottom