VB programmers wanted!

MarxSoccer

BSOD
Um, I'm really bored. I think it'd be fun if a few of us got together, got an idea for a program, and then could kinda have an "official CF release" eh?

So, for now I'm looking to get the 2 or so other people in on this, then we can start a thread and get ideas flowing for the program

By the way, skill level DOES NOT matter. I'm always wanting to help others learn, even though sometime I might get a little annoyed. So even if you've just started VB or are still just novice with it, don't shy out of this thread

Forgot about that. I guess we could do a series of programs, starting off with easier ones to get those who are new more fluent into VB. I have an insructional license for Visual Studio 6.0 so if you need a copy throw me a PM or contact me on AIM

what sort of program are you actually hoping to make?

VB is kind of limited in what it can make.

MarxSoccer said:
Forgot about that. I guess we could do a series of programs, starting off with easier ones to get those who are new more fluent into VB. I have an insructional license for Visual Studio 6.0 so if you need a copy throw me a PM or contact me on AIM

Yeah, go for it..send send!

(I spent four years working in a software house that dealt exclusivly in VB).
I know that it's not *that* limited and that you can make a lot of useful tools using it...
I also know that it's much easier to use than a lot of other languages,

however it was designed as a rapid application development tool for business applications and utilities.
hence why there are no real amazing graphical features or anything like that.

it's not really meant for writting *exciting* software... I was just wondering what the project would be!

I've made games before in VB so trust me, I'd no it isn't that amazing graphicly. I usually don't even put a nice BG picture on my programs. I couldn't care less how it looks, it's what it can do. Kind of like don't judge a book by it's cover sort of thing.

The project I'm not sure yet. Might be a few of them :p

Could we do something like this with Java? :p
Since I'm doing Java in school right now..and I'm trying to make a To-Do List :S
I've done VB in the past, but now I've advanced onto more languages, although I've had fun with VB.

Back
Top Bottom