Unlocking Windows 7 as Admin w/o FUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a thought...

I assume that this is something that MS have either deliberately left out, or something that they will implement in the next OS (so useless for now), or something that will be implemented with a release update - which seems unlikely...

so the best work around I've come up with is that you need to write a logon script that will search for an disconnect any other active sessions on the work station.
you could choose to exclude admin sessions so you can keep yourself logged in.

basically, all you'd then have to do is enable fast user switching and allow anybody to log on.

the script logic would need to look like this

1, logon
2, check for other users logged on
3, if no (there is nobody else logged on) then continue logon

4, if yes (there are other users logged on)
5, check for admin grououp status

6 if no (the users trying to logon, to a workstation that someone else is already using and has just locked is not an admin)
7, Display error message "Another user is using this workstation, you cannot log on"
8, log off

9 if yes, (the user trying to unlock the workstation is another administrative user) then
10 search for session IDs for other active user
11, log off other active user
12 continue to log on.

it can all be done with a vbs logon script. -but it is a bit of a messy work around. -and would need to be tested.

Is there a good vbs writer out there. I am terrible with Visual Basic. I much rather do batch files. But if someone can help me out it would AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom