Summer project language poll

i dont believe we have decided what we are going to do yet, first we decide language then we decide what were gonna, do then we decide what parts each member will play in the team

C# and VB are pretty much the same in what they can achieve (for a beginner at least).

OpenGL and DirectX aren't programming languages, they're APIs which usually get used with C++. If you're wanting to use one of those, you'll probably want to learn C++ and I'd choose DirectX over OpenGL simply because it's easier and has much better support. OpenGL is at 2.0 and they've been discussing and trying to design the standard for OpenGL 3.0 for literally years now and haven't released anything.

I'd pick any of your poll except Delphi, who uses that?? Python is good if you're wanting to write some really basic games, but then again you can use C# with XNA... ... ...

What's your project going to involve, exactly? Or have you not decided that yet?

We haven't decided yet. I posted those other things for a reason. The poll was multiple choice, so if you knew OpenGL you could put that along with C++. I also just put all the programming languages that came to mind at the moment. This pick wll be majority pick of course. I would like to use OpenGL or DirectX, but I don't know either, so I'd need a tutorial or something.

ok well it looks liek visual basic has won, but it seems alot fo you have negative things to day about it ??

im sensing although its won thats not the language people want to use ??

would i be right or do people not mind using vb ? anyways i think we need to move this along so pick a language and then lets start throwing ideas around in the original thread http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=73367&page=2

Yeah...well I just threw stuff in there. I'm always the one making the threads lol. HTML is a what? Editor? What do you call it?

Back
Top Bottom