SQL Express 2005 Corrupt Database needs recovered

kulkiras82

Beta member
I currently have an SQL Express 2005 install with a corrupt database and I do not have a good backup that was successful in the recent past to recovery from. What are my options?? I am unsure how to run DBCC CHECKDB and if that fails are there any other 3rd party options available to attempt a recovery. The app vendor is only pointing finger and not offering a solution. Here is the error. Let me know if you can help.

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0xce21a952; actual: 0xc6c1a952). It occurred during a read of page (1:179626) in database ID 5 at offset 0x00000057b54000 in file 'E:\omsql\OMATESQL.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

Back
Top Bottom