sound help??

lou133

Beta member
i don't know if this is the place to come for this kind of help... but my computer won't make sound. i have a sound card (don't know what kind) and i think i need to download a drive... but i don't know which one. can any one help me??

I assume you're running Windows.

Download Everest Home Edition from http://www.lavalys.com, install it, and find the option that tells you what type of soundcard you have.

When you've got that information, please come back and tell me. I should be able to help you from there.

ok. here it is... i think??
Audio Adapter C-Media CMI8738 Audio Chip

i clicked on it and went to driver download. took me to c-media electronics. it said i have to download like 7 different things. does that sound right??

Could very well be, there's no harm in downloading them anyway.

Are you sure your speakers are plugged in and switched on? I know it may sound like a stupid question, but it's an important one.

And check ALL your volume settings in Windows, enable the Advanced Tab to see that things aren't switched off there.

yes i checked everything. trying to download them all now. will this work once i get all these things? or is there something else i will have to do?

Back
Top Bottom