Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Software Programming

I am about to study Software Programming in University and want to ave a good insight before going onto the course. Does anyone have a good idea about software programming?

thanks

Gamers Core 2 Duo 8500 Series - (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.0 Ghz (OverClocked) 8Mb Cach, 4GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 4 x 1GB single modules, 250Gb SATA Hard Drive, , X-Cruiser Black, Atrix 650Watt Transparent + Blue LED, 512Mb Nvidia 8500GT graphics card DX10, QC - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 - 1333fsb, DDR1333x4 non
Xion901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88
Default Re: Software Programming

study programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python (I would choose one to really get to understand) then look into proper programming techniques like error checking, efficient programming and documentation.

88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

You'll need to be more specific on what you want to do and learn. Software programming can be anything from HTML coding, flash animation, or program creation in C++, java or anything else.

All that can fall under the category of software and does require programming.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
Guru

Learn some DirectX and OpenGL. Then some C# or C++
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Find a language to start out with, something pretty common like C++, Java or even VB.NET. There are a lot of programming languages out there, but I would find an easy one, get to know it and then work your way up from there. I'd say VB.NET is one of the easier languages to start out with, but all the languages I mentioned are pretty easy, they just have different syntaxes (although Java and C++ are kinda similar). Also getting some books on programming would be smart, even if you choose a language that you won't be studying in school it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
Find a language to start out with, something pretty common like C++, Java or even VB.NET. There are a lot of programming languages out there, but I would find an easy one, get to know it and then work your way up from there. I'd say VB.NET is one of the easier languages to start out with, but all the languages I mentioned are pretty easy, they just have different syntaxes (although Java and C++ are kinda similar). Also getting some books on programming would be smart, even if you choose a language that you won't be studying in school it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.
Books are ok man. Just do some online tutorials. They're pretty easy. And if you can't understand something just post on this forums. I, for one, check it regularly so I'd be able to aid you.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to kjman87

id say VB, its a relativly easy language to learn and its applicible in many areas, like the complete office sweet as they use a modified VBA (visual basic for applications) to create marcos which can save a lot of time if you need to do repeated tasks.

Car~07 Mazda 3s 5spd 2.3L: Simota CAI, Borla Cat-Back, Cat Delete, Lower Engine Mount, 1.5" Drop...and more...haha
kjman87 is offline   Reply With Quote