Software Programming

Xion901

Baseband Member
I am about to study Software Programming in University and want to ave a good insight before going onto the course. Does anyone have a good idea about software programming?

thanks

study programming languages like C, C++, Java, Python (I would choose one to really get to understand) then look into proper programming techniques like error checking, efficient programming and documentation.

You'll need to be more specific on what you want to do and learn. Software programming can be anything from HTML coding, flash animation, or program creation in C++, java or anything else.

All that can fall under the category of software and does require programming.

Find a language to start out with, something pretty common like C++, Java or even VB.NET. There are a lot of programming languages out there, but I would find an easy one, get to know it and then work your way up from there. I'd say VB.NET is one of the easier languages to start out with, but all the languages I mentioned are pretty easy, they just have different syntaxes (although Java and C++ are kinda similar). Also getting some books on programming would be smart, even if you choose a language that you won't be studying in school it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.

Find a language to start out with, something pretty common like C++, Java or even VB.NET. There are a lot of programming languages out there, but I would find an easy one, get to know it and then work your way up from there. I'd say VB.NET is one of the easier languages to start out with, but all the languages I mentioned are pretty easy, they just have different syntaxes (although Java and C++ are kinda similar). Also getting some books on programming would be smart, even if you choose a language that you won't be studying in school it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.

Books are ok man. Just do some online tutorials. They're pretty easy. And if you can't understand something just post on this forums. I, for one, check it regularly so I'd be able to aid you.

id say VB, its a relativly easy language to learn and its applicible in many areas, like the complete office sweet as they use a modified VBA (visual basic for applications) to create marcos which can save a lot of time if you need to do repeated tasks.

Back
Top Bottom