School Project: What is the starting salary for a computer programmer?

BlueDinothunder

Beta member
For my statistics class I have to survey people and find what the starting salary for a computer programmer [my major] is.

Please answer the following questions:

Are you a computer programmer? (Yes or No)

What was your starting salary? (starting salary: Salary when you first started to work in the field.)

What type(s) of education do you have? (College, Certification, technical trainning, etc...)

**I thank, in advanced, all those who have participated [help me out] in this survey!!

David Lindon said:
Have a look at payfinder.com

Per the professors instruction, I HAVE to Survey people, it is part of the project, I can't just get the information out of a website, that would be easy, but not how it has to be done. I have to write how I surveyed the people and calculate the average starting salary myself, it's for a statistics class.

Yeah, but if you need to get the information on the form of a Survey then I'm quite happy to help! Lets say this is the year 2010 (the year I leave University and go to work for Microsoft!) then I can fill it in according to starting pay for a Graduate:

Are you a computer programmer? (By that point) Yes

What was your starting salary? : (Just let me get my Microsoft Prospectus!) £24,500 (not that its about the money - what gives a better effect when you meet somebody: I earn 25k, or I work for Microsoft? I think its obvious!)

What type(s) of education do you have? : University Degree (hopefully with Honours!)

BlueDinothunder said:
For my statistics class I have to survey people and find what the starting salary for a computer programmer [my major] is.

Please answer the following questions:

Are you a computer programmer? (Yes or No)

What was your starting salary? (starting salary: Salary when you first started to work in the field.)

What type(s) of education do you have? (College, Certification, technical trainning, etc...)

**I thank, in advanced, all those who have participated [help me out] in this survey!!
I'm not a programmer, but I used to work for a software house, so I'll tell you the pay scales.

Starting salary oif a junior programmer, £18,000
Education would most certainly be university educated, however, people may be a junior programmer with vendor qualifications only, (MCP, MSCE etc...).

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom