Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Question about blending Pictures (Urgent)

Well, I was wonderin if it was possible to add pictures together by their value. What I mean is this. Take these 2 pictures.

Ok, look at the first map. You can see a key on the bottom..The light green is like 50 value. Ok, say I wanna merge these map values together, and create one map, but with my own colored values...So it says 50 is light green, and the second map yellow = 60..So say its green over Texas on the first map, and yellow over texas on the second map..That adds to 50 + 60 = 110 value.. so say those create a whole new map, where from 100-120 is orange. Since the 2 maps merged, it became the third map with an orange color..So im asking if theres a way to merge maps together, add them, and then it comes out one map, on value key colors I design...Or is this antoher programming langauge? Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thank you

Rockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Even if you could do it - which would neither be easy or cheap in processing power and time - you couldn't have the values on, or the lines, they would have to be taken off and put on afterwards. As to how to do it - I seriously don't know. Merging is one thing, colour changing with it is another - but organising your own colour scheme according to the mixed colour that comes out is just plain hard.

Why would you want to?

A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Beta Member
Default Re: Question about blending Pictures (Urgent)

Mainly would want to ,developing a new weather model. I hasve figures and formulas I do by hand, but would like to figure to do it over computer.
Rockstock is offline   Reply With Quote