Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Programming windows processes?

I am doing some work in a computer lab which requires me to perform same operation on a large number of computers. I was thinking if it would be possible to write like a batch file to do these steps for me. I can write simple command line batch files but haven't really gotten into stuff like Windows options. For example, I need to disable XP driver signing. For those who don't know what I am talking about, http://www.modemsite.com/56k/xpsign.asp

So, is there a way to do this silently/through a batch file that I can run and it will select the options for me so I don't have to do all the work manually? Basically a batch file that will go into system properties/driver signing options/ select "ignore" option and exit?

If it's too complicated, and I had to write an entire program for it, I won't even bother because it's not worth it but if it's simple enough I would love to learn how to do it. Right now, I basically have a batch file that pops up system properties and I have to do the rest manually which is kind of a pain.
3 blue merks is offline   Reply With Quote