Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #41
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Denthúl Send a message via MSN to Denthúl Send a message via Yahoo to Denthúl

He's taken it a bit furhter, he's decided to create a new version called Ultimate 04, if anybody wants a copy then send me an email and i'll send it to you, he thinks he can beat Windows, Linux etc. with something that resembles a QBASIC program.

What a fool.

Denthúl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #42
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Lol; arrr! I think I'll pass on a Copy for now though.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:12 AM   #43
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Denthúl Send a message via MSN to Denthúl Send a message via Yahoo to Denthúl

Yeah, I would. I could do with some new programming software as well. I have left him to do it himself, I'm more interested in programming games, it's fun to test them afterwards and I don't have to do as much work (or, haven't had to yet) and it's all colourful too!

Anyone else tried making an operating system? If you haven't, my advice is get someone to help you but make sure they aren't idiots and won't hide source code from you!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #44
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Lol; I tried for about three weeks and gave up.

I am working on making a Forum; it is more fun as you said with Games mainly because its more colourful and results are quicker to view.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #45
Daemon Poster

What's the forum about? What host are you using? I usually use invisionfree but that's because I haven't got enough money to pay for a professional one.

If you want any help then just ask me and I'll do as much as I can. Have you actually set it up yet or are you still designing it?

Also, I'm gonna give programming an OS one last attempt and if it fails then I'll just slowly dissapear from the OS world (if I was ever even a statistic) and become a games programmer but with that I will need help so I guess this is sort of a request for people to give me their ideas on what my first one should be about and what language I should use.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:39 PM   #46
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default Re: Programming an OS

Denthul, since you seem to be educated well in programming, I just wanna ask you, which laungages do you know. You seem like a nice guy.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:26 AM   #47
Beta Member

I'm looking to find Visual Basic.Net on the internet to download can you guys help me. I'm doing some projects using Visual Basic now but alot of ppl sa tat it's not as good as VB.Net. VB.Net has better apps to run btter graphcs
bestgamer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:14 AM   #48
Daemon Poster

Not well educated in programming, just disassemble other programs, learn how they're put together and then assemble source code by using books. But, I am learning C++ at the moment.

No idea where you can get VB from, though you could try just typing in something like 'free visual basic downloads' on Google or Yahoo.