Programming for gingers

sl8er

Baseband Member
My programming knowledge is at standard grade(GSCE) level for Basic programming using the program True Basic. Does anyone know of any software/languages that I could learn easily?

My intention is to write a program that will be for music notation specificly for one instrument. The input has been decided and the output has too. I need someone to help me write the program or aid myself in writing this program.

Music notations programs are complicated becasue Musical Notes aren't in the Charactor Set in most if not all computers?

GCSE Level programming... and I've never heard of True Basic.

Try Visual Studio 2005 that will get you into Visual Basic and C#.

what is the input and output of the program?

if the input is musical then C is possibly the best choice, but not for a new programmer, I have a friend who made a music to notation converter for his degree idssertation project (over two years)...

It can't be done in C and requires knowledege of the refquencies of notes and knowledeg off mathemetical fourier transforms and how to implement them in C...

if your input is something like guitar tablature and your output is regualr music stave then you can do this quite easily in C using the GD libraries from boutel to actually draw the pictures. and save as gif or Jpg...

of course I was suggesting that you'd have to manually input the tabs, if you want OCR then you'll have to write your own OCR engine as well.

Midi input is a better idea, the music can be played straight into the computer, then all you have to do is retirieve the informatin from the midi card. (though again I don't think this can be done in VB, so c/c++ are your best options.

Back
Top Bottom