Programming

ace777

Fully Optimized
I want to learn how to make my own video games. I know little about programming (HTML Code if that counts). Does anyone here have any ideas of a good way to learn or a good program to start using?
- Thanks

I think that's cool that You want to design and make Your own video games. My son wants to do that too.. Any ways good luck w/that. By the way, i moved this here cause it was programming related.

I'm just now getting really serious about it. I have loved video games and computers since I was little.

my adivce, use Liberty BASIC. You can very easily load bmps into the program, make them move, and even control them. And if you need any Liberty BASIC help many nice people (including me LOL) are at the Liberty BASIC Forum.

If you want a free language, use Just BASIC. It is based off of Liberty BASIC so it has the same commands but doesn't have all the same commands. It is reffered to as "Liberty BASICs younger brother"

And anything you think you don't need a bmp for, you can actually "draw" into your program (as long as you have the window opened as a graphics window). Just make sure you have the pen down ;)

Well there's a lot to designing video games. From developing an engine to the storyline and music.

If I were you I would try to get into school somewhere that offered such a program, this would help show you what's needed and provide you with outlets to obtain these skills. Maybe an internship for a gaming company might help also.

Back
Top Bottom