Program/Admin Password issue

wooonelly

Baseband Member
I just started a new job and wanted to change the admin password. When I did this, programs the previous admin wrote, and are being used, would not run on the network. I changed the password back and they worked fine. I assume the programs are directly related to the admin account but I don't know how or why. I have very basic programming skills, the old admin used visual basic 6 and access for the programs he created. Does anyone know why this is happening and/or what I should do so I can change the password and keep these programs running?

The system must be bundled of changing administrator's account.if you are just simply changing the password manually(e.g. changing the database password),the system will really halt specially when it was compiled. If the system still has its source code,you could browse on the coding screen and change the admin password on it then recompile it.

I'd imagine that they are either doing something with the administrators account, and the password is hardcoded into the program, (which is pretty sloppy really!)

or they are being runas the administrator, with the passwored being cached somewhere in the windows setup... Of course without actually being there it's a bit hard to actually tell what's going on...

Back
Top Bottom