PowerShell Noob. Remote Requesting Basic Info (Bios info, mac, ETC)

CrackerJacker1

Daemon Poster
So, I've just just been messing around with this stuff.
I'm on a domain with 100's of laptops connected to the network.

I can run Get-WmiObject win32_bios | Out-File C:\Users\1379E\Downloads\txt.txt
It will pop up the some basic Bios info on txt file.

Now If I want to grab bios info remotely from another machine. I figured out how to Run "Enter-PSSession -ComputerName PRPRL-A98697:

Now I'm connected to the computer and the text reads out
[prprl-a98697]: PS C:\windows\system32> Get-WmiObject win32_bios

SMBIOSBIOSVersion : V4.01L12 M31
Manufacturer : American Megatrends Inc.
Name : BIOS Date: 01/01/13 00:00:00 Ver: 04.06.05
SerialNumber : 4CTYA98697
Version : MATBIO - 1072009

Sweet... I can get bios from another computer in another building.

The question is now how do I make a txt file on my local computer that shows that info. The command " | Out-File C:\Users\1379E\Downloads\biosinfo.txt" Will only output it to that machine I'm connected too.

[prprl-a98697]: PS C:\windows\system32> Get-WmiObject win32_bios | Out-File C:\Users\1379E\Downloads\txt2.txt
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\1379E\Downloads\txt2.txt'.
+ CategoryInfo :
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

Last edited:
what's really weird is... you're on your computer connected to their computer, but you can't save on your computer because their computer isn't connected to your computer...

that command is trying to save 'C:\Users\1379E\Downloads\txt2.txt'. on their computer (and I guess that user doesn't exist - hence the path doesn't exist either)

if I was you i'd create a network share to log all that stuff to. and then just run it as a logon script so you get all hundred whenever the user next logs on.

Back
Top Bottom