PHP and Jscript scripting program

Reiken1

Baseband Member
For those who like making their own web tools you will love this one.

I am developing a web development program using javascript and PHP, PHP takes care of all the file allocation etc whilst Javascript makes my pages do cool things like slide sideways.

I would really appreciate help with any of these problems.

-- I've had some trouble passing arguments to the Jscript window object method:

setInterval(func,millisec[,args])

you can check out the window object at;
http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_obj_window.asp
if you don't know much about it, or need a nice cut-down object reference.

I can call the function, but I don't know how to pass arguments to my fucntion. I've tried puting arguments in the func variable with my function, in the args variable with ', ", no talking marks and about everything I can think of. I would really love some code giving an example (that you know works) of how to use the setInterval function with optional arguments.

-- I also don't know how to create multi-dimentional arrays or objects, if anyones got any decent tutorials on how to make them I would really appreciate it. (as I have been unable to find any).

-- If anyone could suggest a free Javascript editor that tells me where my syntax errors are, I could really use it, as Java script doesn't say anything about any errors, and it's bloody CASe-SenSETIVity GRRR!!

-- I am currently in the process of building a folder tree for the editor as there was no decent folder tree's source code I could read and understand in 10mins. So if any one has any ideas for algorithms I would love some help.

And remeber all your contributions are going to a good cause, I just don't know what it is yet, I'll tell you all when I get a good idea.
Thx.

RC

I was also wondering why I get 'undefined' when I have this code;

<body OnKeyPress="window.alert('You Pressed: ' + event.which);"

The code works fine, but for some reason the event property .which returns undefined in the alert box.
I tried other properties from the same object, some returned values, others returned undefined.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom