Pgina

james_byrne

Solid State Member
I am attempting to set up PGina with the mysql auth, this plugin is not very well documented at all, the only document that i can find says the following:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Auth Documentation
Yes – this is scarce. I have put little time into making this plugin configurable or well documented. My focus was to get something together that worked. This plugin has only been tested against the 3.x series of MySQL, although it might work in 4 we don't know – feedback is welcome at nate.yocom@xpasystems.com especially if you are interested in becoming the maintainer of this plugin. What follows is a rundown of the registry settings you will need to set, and their possible values:
TYPE
Name
Function
REG_SZ
host
The hostname or ip of your MySQL server
REG_SZ
password
MySQL password
REG_SZ
username
MySQL username
REG_SZ
db
Name of the database to query
REG_SZ
table
Name of the table to query
REG_SZ
user_field
Name of the field containing usernames
REG_SZ
pass_field
Name of the field containing passwords
REG_DWORD
pass_type
Type of password storage, 0=plaintext, 1=MD5(), 2=ENCRYPT()
As the mysql username/pass are stored plaintext – we recommend limiting access to the registry key to only the SYSTEM and Administrator accounts.
If the time ever comes around, I will look into adding code for changing the users password through pGina – however, this is mostly a proof-of-concept plugin. Once again, a maintainer is needed, please volunteer if you are interested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem is that i have o idea how or where to change these registry values this talks about, i have tried e-mailing the creator of the plugin with no success. Hopefully someone here can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom