Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Programming
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr
Default Page Source

We were taking some online agriculture test and I was wondering if you could tell what the answer would be by looking at the code. It's a test where if you choose the right answer it goes to the next question but if you get it wrong it re-displays the question but has incorrect at the top. I was just curious because I can't read Java. I can program some C++. I don't know. If someone wants to look at the page source I can send it to them and tell them the answer, which I already know. If you can that would be cool but if not whatever. I was just curious.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Core, MSI K8N Neo-4, 2x 512 Corsair Dual Channel, Nvidia Geforce fx 6600 256MB, 160GB HardDrive

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Page Source

it depends. java programs that you run are in bytecode which means they are "partially compiled." this also means almost no one can understand them just looking at the bytecode classes themselves. however, if you have links to the java source files than anyone can help you

if you want, send me the link via pm and i'll take a look.

(|141 73g ()7 (|33|/| 11143s| |_| z1|-|7 (|43s| |/|4> |_| |-|0|1
Tulsileaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to RewtGuy
Default Re: Page Source

you don't need the source files. all you need is the program itself and you can always decompile it. it's unlikely they have source code sitting on a http server.
Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
RewtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote